Sledging and Velogemel ride
A fast sledge ride in the snow is as much a winter tradition as fondue and Christmas. After a short instruction course by the accompanying guide, the downhill sledge ride makes for an hilarious adventure! Perhaps you would even like to test your balance on an original Grindelwalder Velogemel?
Rough & Tumble fun
Once on the mountain, the individual sledges are distributed - headlamps are provided for night time sledging. After careful instruction, participants mount their sledges or Velogemels and set off down a prepared sledge run back to the valley. The Velogemel is a type of traditional wooden ski/sledge 'bike', developed and patented more than 100 years ago in Grindelwald.
Safety precautions: Sledging and Velogemel rides are great fun, and in order that participants reach the end safely, we follow these safety requirements: A maximum of 12 guests are allocated per guide. Guests are carefully instructed before departure. At night, the guests are equipped with headlights with a taillight. The guides wear safety vests in order to be more visible, and are in contact with each other via radio and/or mobile technology. We recommend to refrain from alcohol before departure, and to make dinner plans for after sledging.
- Number of participants: 10 to 200 persons (with Velogemel up to 40 persons)
- Duration of sledging: depending on the route, 30 - 90 mins
- Costs: on request
- Season: December - March (winter season)
- Optional activity combinations: Sledge building, Alpine games, Snow sculpting, Stollenloch, outdoor Aperitif, Fondue making
- Location: Grindelwald
- Applicable for: side event seminar or workshop, incentive, team event, corporate event